View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #9
goldencomfort1968
Aggregate Aggravator

Effexor (continued....)

Hello LabRat...

thanks for the input and welcome. I, too, was on Zoloft for a couple years. Then I was off it for a couple years before having a rough time with anxiety. My doctor then put me on Effexor. It helped tremendously with the anxiety and all. I hated the side effects, though. Weight gain, little or no sex drive, jitters and shakes, headaches, and what some people call "brain jolts". I haven't found a real good way to describe the "brain jolts" to people who haven't experienced them. It's along the lines of dizziness, but different. They cause a feeling of sudden movement and sudden stops. They make my eyes, hands and face tingle for a couple seconds at a time with about 15 seconds or so between the "jolts". Really something that one has to experience to understand. Today, I'm feeling quite a bit better with fewer, less intense "jolts" and stomach isn't so upset. But, I noticed this morning and last night that I'm getting real "bitchy" and trying to not show it. For instance...my husband made a comment last night about a "project" of mine. I have things that I make and sell on-line and I ship them in a small box. I prefer to do that because I don't want to take the chance of them getting mangled in the mail by shipping them in a padded envelope. Well, every time he sees me packaging up a shipment he ALWAYS makes the comment "isn't there a different way to ship those?" and I ALWAYS explain why I ship them in a box. So last night when I was boxing up a package he made that comment again. I think I kept my cool pretty well. I said with a smile "you don't like the box...do you." He said "it just seems like overkill to send it in a box. I just thought there might be another less expensive way." I told him, like I've told him time and time again, that it costs the same to send it in a small box as it does to send it in a padded envelope. I said "i've explained over and over why I ship in a box and still every time you see me package an order up you make that comment." Plus...he is the "weed police" as I call it. We'll be in the yard and I'll point out some flowers that are coming up in the flower beds that I've worked so hard on and he'll say they are pretty and point out a weed. Or in the garden I've planted (he usually does the veggie garden, but he has other things going on this year so I'm doing one) I pointed out how the plants are starting to come up and he points out weeds that I need to take care of. It just seems like lots of negatives that I don't need right now. It would be much better to hear "the flowers are sure pretty", "the garden is doing good", and "that's a great way to ship your product."

Sorry for going off on a tangent. Kind of got off the subject there for a minute.
goldencomfort1968 is offline   Reply With Quote