View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Behnam, You've lived in both so I think you are most qualified to answer your own question. My wife was born in Iran and lived there 10 years under the Shah but left shortly after the revolution. Her biggest problem right now with Iran is the lack of women's rights under the current regime. Under the Shah, Iran led the middle east in the area of women's rights. My wife's aunt, for example was a judge and her mother was the principal at a local Tehran elementary school.

She speaks very highly of Iran as a country and a culture but doesn't think very highly of the current government. If the restrictions on your liberties are an acceptable trade-off for you than I could understand preferring Tehran over London. However, I think you have a lot more upside potential in Europe or the states. In Iran, there's only so far you can go.

But don't let anyone tell you what's best for you. Opinions vary but the only thing I would recommend taking into account on such a personal matter is your own instincts.

Oh, and Welcome to the Cellar!