Thread: Hey Noob here!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 01:14 AM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

It's hard being a newbie. I didn't feel too out of place when I first came here, b/c UT had just started the new version, and there were few posts to browse through. But when you come into an established community, it can be intimidating.

The Cellar, for the most part, is incredibly easy to get into. Why?

--The links at the bottom of every page. UT breaks it down real nice: What is the Cellar, its history, and the privacy policy.

--No registration necessary. You like to read, but don't feel a desire to post? Cool. I generally don't subscribe to a vBulletin joint unless it allows you to browse around. (Though I did register with El Saano...*shrugs*)

--Sure, there are plenty of inside jokes to go around...but it doesn't really take long to become an insider, IMO. A noobian should be able to come here to the Cellar, read a little, start posting, and feel like a member of our dysfunctional family.

And the most helpful tip I can give a noobian: Ask questions. Don't assume shit and post something that is going to make you look like a crackhead later. (For example, this thread)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote