Thread: pennant races
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 03:23 AM   #27
W.HI.P
Free

jebediah..i have no idea about much in colorado, they're just a bad team.

al west
.......................................................................................................
angels
we agree here, they're obviously gonna be in contention at least, and the reality is that the angels are in a perfect position to totally run away with this...i say this because so far, the main reason was pitching problems, but honestly everyone has woken up, everyone's saying why did young jer.weaver get sent down to triple a when he seemed to be one of the greatest prospects in the game, but what they fail to recognize is that there is no one else thats worthy..colon's back, he's the best thing the angels got, but wait a second before you juge him, start watching in 2 weeks when he's back to 100 percent, then we can pick up on who this pitcher really is. lackey is as consistent as they get, he won't ever die out there. escobar just signed a nice juicy contract, santana is dynamite and everyone knows it, it'll take him a few years to reach his best game, but he's not going anywhere..now the only true argument one could pose on who should have gone down was the older j.weaver, but the fact is, he's a number 1 draft pick, he has seniority, ok so he's given up a few bad innings, but not lately, and until he does, or someone gets injured, super jered weaver willl be in triple a...so you see, the angels pitching staff is 'a' ok.
now lets get to the lineup...figgins=steals a base evertime he gets on 1st, now that would make them walk orlando cabrera, with vladimir guerero coming up, now even if figgins dosen't get on, orlando's batting around .320, and he also can steal a base, now vladimir is arguably the most valubale batter in the league, especially since pujols ability till the end of the season is questionable. those 3 are enough., but you see thats not all she wrote,i'm not saying yet, but watch who's coming to anaheim's lineup...it'll cost anaheim an sp, but they have one to spare obviously.
and to add to all that, shields is 1 of the 3 best in the majors for the setup role, and f.rodriguez is in the elite closers. if you ask me, their title contenders. more of a dark horse but the pennant looks silly when......

texas
excuse me a second here....decent pitching, i don't think so, the pitching sucks, but wait a minute ....this team have been batting the way they've been batting and winning games for worthless pitchers while they're 2 best at bat have been in a slump since day 1 ....young just woke up last month, and hello........texeira has risen from the dead, if texas was above .500 with these 2 a burden, what kinda record will texas have now that they've waken up.....lemme tell you, as impressive as the angels are in current reality, texas is more than a threat, and certainly not a comparrison to...

............oakland
now lets see, harden came back for one game and is straight back on the dl, even if he does return this season, do you really think he'll be 100 percent, it didn't look like it the first time, i cross him off the a's pitching staff and don't consider him at all.....now i'v watched haren pitch and i am not impressed, the only reason he has almost ok numbers is because he's pitched specific games against weaker opponents and pitchers.
ok so there is some other great prospects in the pitching staff, but hello, great pitching prospects mean that their gonna be great pitchers, not that they totally are yet. streets just fine, even though he had a terrible inning today, if he remains healthy, he'e more than worthy to be the closer till the end.
all is fine until here....what are we even talking about now, the lineup...it ain't ok, it ain't ok at all, and if you're talking about something not lasting, thats the little run we've seen over the past couple weeks by this team.
key-guy in the lineup is swisher, there's a lot of talk about what his numbers will actually look like at the end of the year, don't get me wrong, i think that in 2-3 years, he's gonna be amongst the leaders, but just like the pitching,
it's 2006, not 2008 or 2010...to think this full of prospect team will compete against this texan lineup which has just woken up, and these angels, who we all know what they're capapble of is just not real, its not gonna happen, to big of difference, a joke is what it is.
now ok, oaklnad can get third,sure ...........but

seattle
i must have looked pretty silly talking about seattle doing something good when i did, they looked terrible at the time, but sure enough, sexson got a few grand slams and a bunch of homeruns., the rest of the lineup are having up and downs, but they've been winning some games.
now the pitching here is sub-par, but since oakland is so not gonna be a .500 team, seattle ain't gonna be too far behind, and why not, why not compete with oakand for third, a littel run of wins here and there, and there they've got it, now yes guardado is finished, forget aboout it, but putz has been looking more than just impressive, he's done way more than expected of him, and what really proved it to me, was today, the way he got out of that trouble showed that he's not just a perfect inning guy, but can also wake up and remain calm at the same time under-pressure...he is seattle's closer, and i don't think thats gonna change
W.HI.P is offline   Reply With Quote