View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #79
BlueSky_TheMan
This moment is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

Hello again 9th engineer.

I read your post several times in order to, hopefully, understand everything you’ve presented. I feel it contains very insightful and sincere concepts. I respectfully add my reflections as follows:

Scientific truth is higher than personal belief truth’s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Engineer
The link between truth and scientific fact is stronger than personal belief
I thought it might be interesting to think about this statement in this manner: My understanding is that we’ve established that it is reasonable to accept that each of us usually perceives the world around us based on the filter of our past experiences and beliefs. If the above quote is a belief someone holds, how would this filter affect his or her daily experiences? Also: how would this filter make a person feel about themselves?

Quote:
The express reason for requiring that all experiments be recreatable is to eliminate personal bias and error, and ensure that the data holds true for the defined set of circumstances. Behaviors are truths, matter will always exert a force on other matter, light will always propagate in a predictable fashion as long as you know the properties of the surrounding space
If we attempt to define levels of truth I believe you’ve hit the nail on the head in that scientific facts are higher than “normal” personal beliefs because scientists make a strenuous effort in eliminating personal bias. I say normal because I believe there is a way to construct a personal belief that makes it altogether different in nature than the ones most of us have accepted. I wonder if you feel that it is possible to have/create a personal belief system that is in no way based on past experiences/comprehensions in a similar manner that scientific procedure attempts

A lengthy article, but good information about intentions changing our very DNA structure, and a measurable field of energy emanating from our hearts that has effects on people/substances nearby. Could not these energies effect every Science experiment ever observed or performed near a human ?

Hard to get through, but basically we’re seeing light photons becoming ordered by the mere presence of human DNA. (this doesn’t appear to be a predictable fashion does it ?)

Look at just how complex the structure is to get all this information to our brains. Can it be that hard to believe our intentions can make the minute chemical and electric pulses needed to drastically alter what we perceive around us ?

Quote:
I don't like the word truth used like that is that it takes all meaning away from the word
I can understand your concern, but taking all meaning away from the word truth was my goal. I agree that there appears to be “levels” of observable reality (truth/belief/fact). The point is that they are all subjective in some manner. Why put my faith in any of them?

Last edited by BlueSky_TheMan; 07-28-2006 at 04:06 PM.
BlueSky_TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote