Thread: Fear of Loss
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 01:16 PM   #12
BlueSky_TheMan
This moment is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
~snip~What I would say is that I am accutely aware that "bad things" such as fatal traffic accidents could likely occur at any given moment. I don't dwell on it, and I don't need help dealing with it. I'm just curious about the origin of this persistent thought pattern.
I've found that some of my repetitive thoughts seem to have the quality of being disconnected from me. Disconnected in the sense that someone else is pushing the play button in my head. Finding how the thought is connected to me and releasing it are sometimes easy, sometimes hard, and some I still have. In the past I tried avoiding the thought, reprimanding the thought, adding more thoughts, taking away different thoughts, etc, etc. Those tactics never really had any lasting success for me. I have found a path that works for me now. I believe if you find the path/process/introspection that works for you , you will find a belief you hold (consciously/subconsciously) that cannot survive without the repetitive nature of your specific thought. Each person then has to develop there own philosophy or theology that opens those doors of release.