Thread: Fear of Loss
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 03:40 PM   #19
BlueSky_TheMan
This moment is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
#1 I am fearful for the death of others, not myself, and #2 that is not what I believe about physical death.
I would leave the refinement of this suggested belief to you and your methodology for finding such personal answers. J

Quote:
are those my real beliefs or just the ones I tell myslef on the surface?
I think an insightful answer to that requires a definition of why you believe there are levels to beliefs and what those levels truly are. To define mine VERY generally, beliefs are of two kinds:
1 (Ego Belief) This belief is formed solely of past experiences and allows only interpretations that agree with its evaluation of those experiences.
2 (Higher Knowledge) This belief exists in “all that is”/God/universal consciousness/the true reality” (pick or add the one that pertains to you) and is realized rather than “added to”

With those definitions: I regard any belief that instills fear, hatred, guilt, jealousy etc to be classified as type 1. Any belief that instills true love, joy, happiness, appreciation etc to be classified as type 2.

Quote:
Also, when did I develop those beliefs? That one hits a nerve.
I would ask yourself the true nature of why this part of your perception “hits a nerve”