Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #343
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

glatt-

Awesome!! I can't imagine how far I rode my bike every summer as a kid. Pretty much that's all I ever did! There weren't any bike trails in my neighborhood growing up (still aren't), but that town is adding them slowly and surely.

Where we currently live there is a small trail not too far from my house. From the driveway to the end of it and back is a tad over 6 miles if you go directly to and from. There are however bike lanes painted on some of the roads, which is basically a white line painted about 2.5 feet from the curb. This is nice because the sidewalks are a pain to ride on with the Burley. Poor kid gets whiplash up and down the street crossings. Plus there aren't shocks on that thing to cushion all the bumps from cracks. (We live in an 'established' neighborhood.) I can't wait till she is big enough to ride on her own. I fondly remember going on bike rides with my parents, with my little brother in the seat behind my mom.

A bike is a kid's first taste of independance.