View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:37 AM   #93
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
It isn't like we're seeing signs of growing fascism and restriction of public freedoms in our country right now.
That sentiment is not visibly based on actual anti-fascism in this country. It is visibly based on anti-Republicanism, and it's too specious to take me in. Tell me, are you forbidden to buy killing tools and ammunition to feed them in your city? If you're part of the armed electorate, you're part of an electorate that is about as powerful as an electorate is likely to get.

Quote:
It isn't like we aren't trying to force other countries to do things according to our principles. And even if we are, it is for our own good, our own security.
If other countries did follow our principles -- the real ones, so no hollering about this piece of foreign policy or that, if you please -- they'd be one hell of a lot richer, happier, and more peaceful than they are now. In short, they'd be successes instead of sores on the global body politic.

Addressing your second sentence there, what is so damned wrong with the principle that a republic of, by, and for the etceteras would prosper best in a world with more republics so constituted, so conceived and so dedicated? A good many of the oh gag me, it's a neocon set seem to find some problem here -- but explain their actual objection? Never in a million years! That's because their root objection is that they're fucking fascists and the necons not only aren't, but are actively after exterminating the fascists/communists/antihumanists/rabid bloodsuckers. This prospect gives the fascisto-commies a very uncomfortable case of bunched panties and seatcushion sucking. Well, every bit of the shame is all theirs. They could have been real democrats, but they chose to fuck it up.