View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 06:17 AM   #83
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Clearly the two sides each have their own propiganda...I mean...versions of the history. No agreement will ever be reached on who are truly the aggrieved parties.

But again we're describing a desired process ("...if Israel really wants it...negotiation of all outstanding issues...stop inflaming the situation...") rather than that end state. And I think it's because there isn't one; there must always be an excuse to come back for yet another slice of the salami in 18-36 months.

And the purpose of "the process" seems to be "Tell us what tangible adavantage you will give us in return for finely-crafted words with escape clauses of equal workmanship? We promise absolutely the next group that attacks you will have a completely different name; after all, we cannot control the righteous anger of these people who have been wronged; they are acting on their own and we don't control them..." The shell game again....including "don't listen to Ahmadenijad, Khamenei is actually in charge".

Tell me...does that "full normalization" include "recognition of the right to exist"? If it does, why doesn't it say so? How about "two-state solution"? (two-states side by side with one bombing the other is not a "solution", no matter who you think "started it this time"...another shell game). Also "agreement with the Arab nations" or "international consensus"? Those include *everybody* leaving Israel in peace?

After you sell the same rug twenty or thirty times, everybody in the bazzar has seen it...

Last edited by MaggieL; 08-25-2006 at 06:31 AM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote