Thread: The List
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #46
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
@ The 42. I am going to be passed over for a full time job for someone who has a loud mouth. She acts like she is your friend to your face and gossips behind your back.She gossips about everyone to everyone.It's just not me. The new kids love her but the old schoolers like me distrust her.She is so police state. She suppects everyone is a theif. She went after the job I wanted. I was a shoe in for this job till she caught wind of it. I may not get it because of her family connections in this business. She is so like my list below.
1. People without integrity.
2. Abusive people
3. People who attempt to divide a community.
4.People who like drama.
5.TV evangelists.
6.Gossips.
7. People that have no manners.
My institution overpays and underpays, drastically either way in most cases. Those with what I call "easy-bake oven" Master's degrees (insert in one end and the paper comes out the other all ready to go) are lauded and lorded over, yet most don't know basic knowledge I received in a bachelor's program.
The phonies rise to the top like so much cream, while many of us are underpaid, struggling to live, and receiving the brunt of the belignorant students who we are "servicing."
Some days it's so hard to take. I tell myself God has a plan for me. I tell myself that water finds its own level. I take pride in what I do. Seems for naught.

So now I too have vented (this came right on the tail of an internal job posting offering wages around 10000 more than our new department person will be offered, while expecting no further education or customer service skills) and I thank you for opening up the floor for me.

Now, my addition to the list:

People with the depth of a mud puddle.

(I feel better)