View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #33
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
I am not an expert on Dafur, and dont pretend to be.
But I suppose you start with being truly concerned, as you are. I also think goodness is generally found in compassion, a value of human rights. From that stance, strive to understand the range of perspectives, dont squander our assets, form the strategies, articulate the missions, make the hard decisions, act, analyze, respond, adjust...
It sounds good. It is one basis on which to make decisions. One problem though. There is no such thing as good and evil. xoxoxoBruce more closely answered reality:
Quote:
Don’t be silly, there's no oil there.
America is not that self centered and self serving as others might assume from Bruce's response. But don't fool yourself for one minute. Our George Jr administration is that self serving. After all, how many world wide insults and how many weeks did it take before the US take - with a complete carrier battlegroup even next door in Hong Kong - to respond as a million were dying after a Tsunami?

There was neither oil nor American interests in the Balkans. And yet Americans, with leaders using a different agenda, did respond. Moreso, Americans responded with proper restraint - without a kneejerk or 'big dic' reaction.

Don't assume I have an emotional concern for Darfur. I have a strictly technical and hard core response to Darfur as I had - for same reasons - to Kuwait, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, and Afghanistan. I don't see any good or evil. I see perspectives - which neither an extremist Democrat nor Republican will understand. But the point of my question was about evil in some places. And yet we don't see evil in Darfur with Sudanese troops now massing for genocide? (Watch Kofi Anon to see if this genocide occurs.)

Ironic that those so protective of zygote life don't give damn about genocide to a million living creatures in Darfur. Are they righteous - or do they simply blindly manipulate weak minded (extremist) Americans to promote their perspectives - a self serving agenda?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote