View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #23
mrnoodle
bent

I think hunting is great. Any and all forms. I used to think trophy hunting was stupid, but I'm gonna throw in with them just because I can't stand animal rights activism.

It started with Bambi, didn't it? The whole notion of talking baby animals with big bulbous eyes being chased by M A N? Thanks, Walt. Now those people have kids who have been raised to think that everything with a nervous system is a human being (or possibly better than human).

That deer? It's meat. It doesn't love its "children", think about its future, or wish upon a frigging star. It knows nothing but stimuli and response, and has no concept of anything outside of eating, breeding, and running away from things. It lives to be grilled and consumed with a nice green salad and glass of zinfandel. If it has larger than average antlers, those antlers will be displayed on my wall -- not because of my feelings about my penis, but because I like the way it (edit: the rack, not my dick) looks and like to tell the story of the hunt to anyone who asks about it.

I have the utmost respect for wildlife, but under no circumstances will I stop eating it.