Thread: Another Fight
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #13
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Be true to yourself. You have to do what is best for you and if you're not ready, then you're not ready.

I doubt if you're secure enough in your sexual orientation at this early age anyway, even if you think you are. It's too soon, in my opinion, to place yourself firmly in one camp or another. Leave your options open until you are a bit older, wiser and more experienced. That doesn't necessarily mean your feelings will be different, just that you realize that maturity can bring change.

Obviously you care for your girlfriend and want to please her. I would suggest a compromise (which you seem to be doing by default). In her town, with people she knows, you will openly be her partner. But in your town and school, you will keep your relationship a secret. That way, you both get as well as give up a little of what you want.

Someone who cares about your feelings will respect them and be willing to work with you to come to a reasonable solution without pushing to have it all their way. And vice versa, of course. But ultimately, you must do what is best for you.

Stormie