View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:26 AM   #20
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted
I'd suggest practicing having small conversations with random people in public places like I mentioned above. You will find that people like a little bit of friendly/funny interaction. Ihh
I'm a cashier and I find its better to be friendly w/ my customers, I try to remember my regulars, and when I have someone new in I try to make sure I ask how their meal was. Often times I joke w/ customers, I stutter and slur my words alot so I just roll my eyes and say "I know how to talk I swear!" When I first started cashiering it took me along time to get used to it because of my speech impediment but it helped me talk and I'm better at conversing now too. I've become more outgoing at school and in public places and when I go to a restraunt I actually analyze the cashiers performance and compare it to mine and the other cashiers at my store. Basically my point is practice can make a big difference.