View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 01:44 PM   #77
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Thank you. At least someone gets what I'm trying to say.

I realize none of this is ever going to happen, because the accounting is too difficult and it's political suicide for whoever tries to pass the legislation. It would just be nice if we could all make our choices and pay for our own stuff without subsidizing others. Alternative fuels, fuel efficient cars, energy efficient manufacturing processes, etc. could all compete on a level playing field. The market might actually work to help make positive changes.
Oh, I get what you're saying. You probably feel I'm going to great lengths to shoot down a simple, logical, premise. But, I don't agree with your basic premise that the billions Bush is squandering in Iraq is entirely, if at all, about keeping oil flowing. I then explained why it's unfair and unworkable.

Besides all the other reasons for this Iraq fiasco, I think it has more to do with getting the guy that made Daddy look stupid, than with oil.
Maybe it's logical to feel it's about oil because Bush's other reasons are stupid, but I think Bush and logic have been proven to mutually exclusive.