Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 04:16 AM   #98
NoBoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce

From observation;

I understand where you're coming from but don't agree (with or without reasons).....will fly.

You don't agree with me so you're an asshole and your mother wears combat boots.....will not fly
Thread: Are conversations about relationships held hostage by political correctness? [Page 1]

I can personally testify to the validity of this statement. I have posted opinions for which I was unable to provide reasons due to various ethical considerations. My opinions did indeed fly, just not very far which was to be expected. xoxoxoBruce's observation provides an outstanding continuation of the theme set forth by the forum Administrator in the FAQ section:

"The Cellar: What It Is by Undertoad, owner/admin dude ...
The Cellar is like an electronic tavern. Behave as you might at a real-life tavern. Don't barge in and interrupt every table in the place. Walk in and sit down, wait for something you know about and politely put in your two cents.
"I understand where you're coming from but don't agree." (with or without reasons) ... will fly. "You don't agree with me so you're an a**hole and your mother wears combat boots" ... will not fly.

Thank you for the observation xoxoxoBruce.