View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #141
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Amongst the alcohol-sodden reasons I initiated this thread was the fact that almost all the pics we'd shown each other show obvious signs of having been carefully selected to present us at our best. Since there is so much digital technology in almost everyone's possession, I though it would be nice if we showed one another our *average* selves, spur of the moment, as near to real time as we could given the limitations of our medium, here.

I think that part of what makes The Cellar an actual community is the sense of *real* that we impart to one another. I'm sure there are still a few of us hiding behind a fake personna or even gender, but by and large, the longer one is here, the more one seems to want to reveal one's true self.

I'll always take the real deal over some BS window dressing. Shawnee, I guarantee you that, no matter how your picture comes out, your beauty will be evident therein. We wouldn't be much of a community if we couldn't see that, right?