Thread: Betting tips
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #92
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebediah
If you work for them you can still bet with other agencies

So when you bet what are you going for? Parlays? I was looking at moneyline but unless I'm mistaken with the moneyline at 110 for a winning team you'd have to pick the winner 90% of the time to even break even. That's pretty daunting in the era of parity where any team can win any game. I'm not willing to do that until I compile some stats on how often I can cherrypick select matchups and how often there is an upset in those games.
I chose to bet defencivly.
First of all I put 3 matchups on each bet, each bet pays 7 times your money.
I like to chose 7-8 games and bet them amongst each other in bets of 3's.
in the case of 7 games, its 35 bets, for 8 games, its 56.
This gives me the ease to lose a few matches and still have a hell of a pay day.
The least Pay on any even nfl spread game is 170, 110 is simply not logical unless the opposing bet is at 350. I chose not to go to those edges, but just meet it at its leveled spread with even money on both sides.
with single bets 2 out of 3 will give you a nice profit when the wager is respectful.

Quote:
Thanks for this thread. You've managed to spur me into retooling my picks spreadsheet for next year to factor in the odds and see if there is an area I can excel (bad pun) at.
Your welcome, it is my pleasure.

Quote:
PostScriptium: Do you happen to keep (or know a place for) any statistics on things like divisional matchups or home field advantage?
I have this mental thing where i can store vast amounts of information, but if i need to see anything regarding NFL stats, i go straight to Yahoo's Sports page as it is accurate and has an easy access method to info.