Thread: IT'S NOT FUNNY!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
Gleep
Bibliophile

Location: I have the great misfortune to be currently residing in Greeley, CO, USA.
I used to think Bush was just a complete idiot. I figured he was so incredibly stupid that he didn't even realize how much he was hurting this country. His stupid grins and his complete inability to speak intelligently were just two more aspects of his depressingly low IQ.

And then he got re-elected. Re-elected!!! So now I'm not so sure. Is he only acting like an idiot because he can? Is he in reality just so callus and stubborn that he will continue a war indefinitely, even when there are so many objections and reasons to end it, simply because it gives him far more power than he deserves? He holds the threat of 'terrorism' over the people he is supposed to be serving so that he can walk all over civil rights and attempt to force stupid conservative christian 'values' into laws.

I almost hope that the latter is true...that he is a dictator waiting to happen. Because if he isn't--if he really is the complete dunce that he looks like--what does that say about the American public that we elected him twice? It's sadly more comforting to think that Bush is power-hungry than to think that my fellow Americans are so apathetic and/or stupid that they have no problem letting an idiot run the country.
Gleep is offline   Reply With Quote