Thread: Organ recital
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 07:21 PM   #17
Bitman
cellar smellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs
PS - The first person who makes the obvious "Steel Magnolia" references will get bitch-slapped for Christmas!!!
Actually I heard something else .. I think it was Simpsons .. something like "wow, you've given up a large part of your life so someone else can live slightly longer." I trust you've talked with your doctor to ensure you personally won't have complications later in life.

But that's not what worries me. This is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs
Anyway, a lady contacted me because I might be a match and she needs a kidney. She has to go through dialysis 3x per week. She and her husband retired a few years ago but shortly after, her husband died of cancer. She has a daughter and told me she just wants to live to see her grandchildren someday. She is 64 years old.
What properly balanced person can face a person in need, and say no, you must die? What organization would allow patients to contact donors, knowing full well the donors can't say "no"? This whole thing sounds very shady.

So are you agreeing because you want to help this person, or because you're unable to say "no"?
Bitman is offline   Reply With Quote