Thread: Where Is Sex?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #37
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
I don't care.
I'll leave other people to worry about my gender. I don't need to. I know what I like, I know what I don't, and I don't need to know what I am. I will act as I feel, I will do what is right, I won't conform to any gender stereotypes for the sake of doing so. Just as I have been all along. I don't need to know or care what I identify as.
This is the right attitude of course. It is far better than saying you hate everything male or being a man. Like other posters have said, that can only apply to a fixed definition of male, maleness etc. The closest men in my life are very different from one another - my father for example displays some typically feminine characteristics, but in other ways is "all man".

Just make sure you don't cut yourself off from anything you might enjoy by paying attention to other people's sterotypes. I know a guy who loves cooking, shopping, arthouse cinema, poetry, respects women and is a great shoulder to cry on. He also plays rugby, is sick in pub gardens when he gets drunk and rubs his bare arse against restaurant windows. He can't talk to all his friends about everything he enjoys, but at least he gets what he wants out of life.

And finally - bit of a long sig? Maybe it's just me, but it hurts my brain a bit when the sig is routinely longer than the post.