View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #23
monster
I hear them call the tide

Yup, that's it. I was having a cryptic moment. (And sorry, a whiny expat one, thanks for not sending me packing)

Saran Wrap is a brand name Americans tend to use more frequently than the real product name, which is cling film. It confuses new expats for a while. Biros had a similar effect on American expats in the UK. A Biro is a ballpoint pen.

Limeys is what some Americans call us Brits -some take offence to it, although I don't. Septics in a Brit expat term for Americans, it's not terribly nice -in my opinion- it's not one I personally use on a regular basis, I have no idea why I used it last night -I was miserable and fed up and having a beer and I'm sorry if I upset anyone, I think this is a wonderful board full of lovely people and I do like living in America, I just feel a long way from what I know every now and then. Particularly monthly, although that's probably TMI.

Oh and nuffink is nothing. which is about the value of my post, really. beest should take my computer away late at night. I forget y'all don't know me as well as I feel I know you and as well as people on other boards do.

i'll get my coat.