View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Personally, I don't see the relevance of your religion on your political views. They should remain entirely apart. If you are a "literalist Christian" as you claim, you should take the words of Jesus of Nazareth literally when he says judgment is reserved for god. Perhaps you should follow the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth and keep your religion and politics completely separate and work to keep government out of church and church out of government.

If you are against abortion, you should not get one and don't exercise force to prevent others from getting them if they choose. Allow them to be judged by god. The same is true of prostitution, gay marriage, collecting stem cells, drug use, polygamy, etc.

These activities don't physically harm or endanger anyone other than potentially harming those taking part willingly in them. This means it's unreasonable to create a law against those things. After all, who are you or anyone else to force your own religious morality down the throats of others through legislation?

And make no mistake, force IS involved. If you do these things, men with guns show up and tell you to stop or they'll take away your freedom.

Clearly libertarianism is not for you, but you do seem to support some small government. This means the Republican and Democratic parties are also not for you. These parties are responsible for our moving so far away from the Constitution in the first place, and both grow government at faster and faster rates while violating our rights.

If anything, I'd say you fit into the Constitution/American Independent Party.

You should take a moment to check them out.

Here is their platform in PDF format.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/doc...CPPlatform.pdf

Or you can just visit their website...

http://www.constitutionparty.com