View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

One More for the Boycott List?

Ok… this is a convoluted situation, but hang in here with me…. I feel that if I don’t get it out there and inspire some action then my complacency does nothing more than send the message that we as consumers have no power and I refuse to believe that. So if voting with “the almighty dollar” is the only way to send a message to “big business” than I will make it my life’s passion.

I ordered something through Amazon.com… it was shipped to my address according to Amazon…through UPS. I waited all day at home for the packages arrival and when 4pm rolled around and no package had materialized I tracked the package again. The UPS website stated it was delivered and “left on front porch at 1:52 pm”. Wrong. I was home all day… no delivery was made. I called UPS customer service and was told it was delivered to ____ same street number as mine, Norma Street. What … where is that… that isn’t my address… that wasn’t on my shipping confirmation either… where do they get that street name from… not a single letter is the same as in my street name. Are they hiring illiterate drivers?
Anyway, I was outraged… where they going to redeliver? No… according to Customer Service… it isn’t their problem… I was told to report the issue to Amazon. Completely unacceptable answer from a customer satisfaction perspective, but 5pm was approaching and this was not going to wait until the next day. So I called Amazon… they had the correct address, but went ahead and ordered another for me. Well good thing it wasn’t a one of a kind.

I was still dissatisfied. I called UPS back spoke to a manager about the situation… I felt this was poor customer service. They insisted it was the contract they have with Amazon. I don’t care… still poor customer service… rethink your policy. I asked what she would do with my complaint and I was told “we don’t do anything with them”… what… am I hearing this right… so what you are saying is I am wasting time, minutes and hot air calling you? “No” she replies “we listen to you” ohhh I feel soooo much better they listen to us… and do nothing with it. If you want to have someone read your situation you have to e-mail it on line… but there is not an option for complaints… and even so.. What if you have no internet access as much of the population? So, if I am understanding this right… it would appear that they review employees based on feedback from inside UPS and does not take customer feedback into consideration (after all… they don’t track it). UPS does not care about customer satisfaction? The complaints are not logged into the system and not tracked in any way… it all seems really suspicious. I mean think about it… a driver is to deliver a package to a certain address… the package looks desirable… and so he/she decides to keeps it instead… reports it as delivered (to a wrong address) “left on front door step” customer calls to complain package never arrived… UPS washes hands of issue and redirects to Amazon. Amazon foots bill for new item. (This just like shoplifting eventually impacts pricing over time of course so it affects all Amazon customers). Driver is in the clear because there is no tracking of customer service complaint and as far as UPS is concerned job was done correctly… no repercussion for the theft. Wow… what a loop hole. It gets better… I looked up this address on Mapquest… and it doesn’t even exist!!!!

So… in the future I will go to all cost to avoid UPS…. And encourage everyone I meet not to use them either and to e-mail Amazon and let them know this policy is unacceptable to the consumer. Amazon needs to renegotiate with UPS. Amazon should not pay for the mistakes of UPS… really...we are the ones that pay for it in the end.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote