View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #37
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
I strongly disagree. I have worked and gone to class... Again, I have never been in a class or office without someone working to improve.
It is not the exception, it is the norm.
I think we were talking about different things with this unless I totally missed something from your post. Are you saying that people are all over the US are working to improve their social status? I would agree with this. I don't think people everywhere are going from lower class to multi-millionaires but are jumping from lower lower class to upper lower class. Do you not think that the children of these people deserve to get as good of an education as the people in the upper middle class?

Quote:
How do you take the advantage away from the rich child? I am very curious about this.
I am against banning private and home schooling. If someone has the money to send their kids to private schools then by all means send them but an inner city public school should be at least close to a suburban public school. Right now the differences are astronomical. As I said before, we can't just throw money into inner city schools and expect it to fix itself; we will have to find all the social problems (you named a good amount), and try to work on fixing those. Many of them we can not solve but our first goal should be to try end the poverty trap.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote