View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 AM   #55
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Everyone of you is like "it's convenience, because I'm 50 and I'm busy at work and blah blah" but no you don't understand college kids now. Cell phones are not a convenience to me (or HER), it is a way to be connected to everyone all the time.
Yeep...nothin like a bit of generalisation to get the ball rolling huh? Y'know there is (and has always been) as much variation amongst people of the same generation as there is between the generations. Not all 20 yr olds are identical. They don't have identical values, they don't like identical music, they don't have identical hobbies and they don't respond identically to the world. I know kids of 18 who are a bitch to get hold of, who routinely let their phone power down and then forget to recharge it before they go out....and I know 50 yr olds who are married to their comms. Me? I am 35 and sometimes easy to get hold of and sometimes not. I always have my phone with me.....I call people often, I do not however, always answer it. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking. That has nothing to do with me being 35, i was the same when I was 12. It has nothing to do with my generation and how much the world has changed. The world has changed.....but people are very much the same: some are more sociable than others; people vary according to their mood.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote