Thread: Gardasil
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
This is bullshit - do some research.
And most of the time, even these 4 strains are taken care of by a healthy immune system. It would make more sense to figure out what is wrong with the immune systems that can't deal with them, than to vaccinate everyone ie. look for a cure instead of managing symptoms. Vaccines are not harmless.
No, that is bull shit. Most women who have been sexually active will eventually have HPV. How about you explain to me how you come to the conclusion that the immune system takes care of HPV? Often the virus is dormant for years before cells begin to change conformation. You do the research, and I ain't talking about some on-line research where you get all excited because you find anti-vaccine sites that support you ideas. Go to school. Those 4 strains cause over 60% of the cervical cancers. I see that as a potential reduction of 60% of you getting the disease. Hey if you fall into the 40% category, that is 100% for you. Statistically speaking vaccines are in fact fairly harmless or we wouldn't get them, but hey if you want to get polio or pertussis give me a shout I can tell you where to go to get it.