View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #92
monster
I hear them call the tide

I subscribe to a different style of parenting to that described by Merc, and that works too. If you show trust, respect and honesty, kids will live up to it and return it. But it takes guts to cut the leash the first time, same as when you let them try the fireman's pole for the first time. You still watch them of course, and you're there to make sure it's not fatal, kiss them better, take them to hospital, but they perform the act without your safety net. I'd rather they did that when I was watching than behind my back or going crazy once they're out of my control.

My father tried the no privacy way. He never sees his grand-children.

There is not just one correct way, but there are people who are too pig-headed to consider that theirs is not the only way.

I'm done with this.

Oh and Ibram....

haha -that's how I feel about my kids which is why they're not nome-schooled. I thought iId read you were, but I guess with lots of chopping and changing it's effectively the same thing.

Nine schools? Pah! Well Pah-ish. On counting, I only went to eight. But it felt like at least ten. My record was half a day in one school. And one day in another. And no, I did not get expelled from either.....