Thread: Job burnout
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I also can heartily recommend temping. I've done it for 6-month periods on two separate occasions, and both times there were only maybe 2 days total where I didn't have assignments. Plus, many companies use temp agencies as a try-before-you-buy program for new employees--at least half the places I temped at offered me a full-time job (but I had to tell them no because I really was only looking for temporary work.) And it really does pay well! I obviously don't know how much you're making now Shawnee, but you've indicated it's not great. There's no financial risk if you go straight from one paying job to another.

So let's review the 3-step Clodfobble-approved plan:

1.) Call in sick tomorrow. DO IT. What are they going to do, fire you? You know they need you more than that, and so do they.
2.) Sleep late, then dress up like you're going to an interview and go to a local temp agency. Most of them take walk-ins. Fill out the paperwork, then go eat lunch in the park.
3.) Wait for temp agency to call (this is assuming they didn't offer you an assignment before you even left the office.) Call in sick again the next day; repeat as necessary.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote