View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 09:43 AM   #3
dave

More info

Okay, this is what I got...

first off, links: st. louis today

yahoo

that yahoo link was pretty sparse when i could get to it, but they'll probably update it.

now, more info:

pentagon - the pentagon has been hit with a plan near the helipad on the e wing. it's been evacuated. no confirmed casualties. injuries though.

world trade center - the second tower has, at least partially, collapsed. the first tower is leaning. the first hit was an american airlines boeing 767 flight from boston to los angeles. they haven't confirmed if there were passengers on board or not.

from skynews

A person who answered the phone on the trading floor at interdealer-broker Cantor Fitzgerald, located near the top of the World Trade Center, said: "We're fucking dying," then hung up. There was screaming and yelling in the background. A follow up call was not answered.

I have more pictures on my moderately well connected and pretty stable server in Mississippi. Please save them instead of viewing them a bunch, in case a lot of people end up hitting 'em. Here are links:

picture of both towers burning picture of second plane flying toward second tower