View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #20
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I have seen this sort of thing personaly , years ago I was an electrition , we were puttin in this HUGE distrabution center , there were High voltage wires running above a fence along one side of the property , one nite we were working late , I was sent to the supply trailer ( under the wires ) when I opened the door ALL the floresent tubes were lit up , it was cool enough for me to go get the rest of the crew , the boss was NOT amused !!
Also the customer would have truckers park next to the fence ( with the wires over head ) , if you were touching the trailer and touched the fence it would shock the HELL out of you !!!
They had us put a ground rod at EACH fence post ( but sir that will only make it WORSE ( just that much ground potential ) , 300+ 10' ground rods later , I was elected to test the voltage with a meter , there was so much bleed off voltage it BLEW apart a simpson 400 meter , there was SO much bleed off voltage we had to put a set of jumper cables between the fence and the man lift we were useing , you could hold your arms obove your head and the hairs on your arms would stand up !!!