View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Sometimes, for me, there's the thrill of the hunt--finding good stuff, on sale, even if it's just eggs. It's almost an atavistic feeling, like I'm doing the gathering for my family.
I used to experience that sometimes. These days, time is so limited, I just want to get in and out as quickly as possible, so I don't have time to enjoy the pleasure of the hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
The funniest thing, I think, is people randomly wandering the aisles (mostly men, sorry guys) talking on their cell phones. Do we have sugar? What kind of oil should I buy?
I've done this many times, and so has Mrs. Dallas. What did we do in the pre-cell phone days??? Usually I know what kind of oil I want. For me it's usually more "they don't have the brand of whatever that you like. Do you want me to just not get it, or take another brand?" or "They have frozen buffalo chutney on sale... if I buy six boxes of it, do we have room in the freezer for them?"

If you didn't see it, I'm sure you'd enjoy the commercial for digital cameras and printers (from HP I think, but I'm not sure) that featured The Wife going to the store and taking photos, which she then used to print up a visual list of Here's What You Need To Buy for The Husband.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote