View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #30
Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
. . . it always seems that I'm leaving the store checking the receipt and wondering "how the **** did the total get THAT high?.

Ain't THAT the truth!

It's even worse at the variety or discount stores (what do you call them?), which we haven't mentioned. Things like Target and Kmart are on my regular list of stops. I go to these stores at least as much as I go to grocery stores, and buy bunches of junk. They have food there, too, but it's all processed, so not very good if you want healthy.

Of course, if I go to Wal-Mart, I can skip this step, 'cause they have EVERYTHING. And the lowest prices, too. That's a combination that's hard to beat.

And I agree with you nowhereman. Growing your own is the way to go. Surely it can't be that hard to grow a container garden of vegies. Alas, I have not the green thumb.

But I was lucky enough to buy, this weekend, at the aforementioned KMart, a bunch of herbs, which are hard to find. Dill, oregano, flat parsley, curley parsley, and basil. I planted them, put them in a sunny window, and -- we'll see!