View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #69
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
I found out recently that one of my best friends, at age 22, didn't know how to fill up the gas tank of a car. I can't even drive, but at least I can pump gas.
Well, that was me, too. In my defense, I live in New Jersey, where it is illegal to pump your own gas. As my father put it, it keeps an otherwise unemployable segment of the workforce employed. (But perhaps that was more relevant before the Sikhs took over the gas station racket -- they could certainly make a go of it in any industry they took on.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
I also think people should know basic nutrition. The things that people believe about eating are pretty ridiculous -- for instance, that eating fat is that only thing that makes you fat, and that meat is the only substantial source of protein.
I can quote you chapter and verse on current nutrition science, and yet I'm obese. Knowledge & willpower are necessary but not sufficient conditions.

I should know the due dates for our CDRLs. And anyone who knows what a CDRL is has my sympathies.

- Pie