Thread: Car Insurance
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

Insurance is the largest scam in this country. Health, auto, home... it's all to take money from the little people, put money in the pockets of high ranking CEOs, and when tragedy occurs (coughcoughKatrinacough), there's denials of claims and "no" money to take care of the insureds. And then they raise your rates, if they don't drop you altogether.

*sigh* And I work for one of these god forsaken insurance companies.

In three years I was rear-ended, hit by someone going the wrong way down a one-way street (total loss), and hit by an uninsured stop sign runner (total loss). My rates never went up. Rates *shouldn't* go up unless you were the one at fault.

Go with a reputable company. The fly-by-nights are horrid and go bankrupt quickly. I'm with Auto Owners/Southern Owners and I love them. Travelers is good, so is Ohio Casualty. I personally don't care for State Farm or Allstate, but they're alright. Progressive is a joke if you want to get your claim paid.

As far as what to do about rates in your state: write to your insurance commissioner. Weekly. Remind others who feel the same way to write to the commissioner as well.

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote