Thread: Rochester NY
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
steambender
It just needs a minor tweak...here...

RIT & NTID

BigV,

NTID has a good reputation with the locals, and a large and vibrant community based around RIT from what I remember. the campus is southwest, on the river in the burbs, lots of open space around. The RIT campus has a large student population, a fair commuter percentage, and I used to recruit engineers there. It was a good solid school with good industry ties, not nearly as pretentious as the U of R. The fine arts programs are outstanding as well as graphics, micro-e , imaging and optics.

The SO and I would occasionally got to music events there that were interesting to old farts (roughly double the average age) and the NTID kids always got the front row, standing right in front of the wall of speakers with their hair being blown straight back, dancing in the sensation of pressure waves from the speakers. and they had interpretive signers for the music.

Indoor hockey rink, good program, lacrosse, all of the usual North east sports.

I know the chair of the electrical engineering techology program there if it's at all relevant, and would be happy to make an introduction.
steambender is offline   Reply With Quote