View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
(BTW, when do we get to see your ad, Brianna? Voyeuristic minds want to know.)
I'm not a member of one of those things...I meet men online the old fashioned way: randomly.

You're right about context but he used it after saying stuff like, "The ancient Greeks had it right when they said everything in moderation....I think I know good art, literature and music when I see it (I hope that doesn't make me sound like a snob)..." and then again v. shortly after this statement he says 'snob' in an innocuous way again, but twice in the first couple paragraphs..AND he's angling for those Untouchable Women--physicians and lawyers who wear stilettos to work, are free from addictions and can resemble normal women on any given day---all qualities I, sadly, do not possess.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote