View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #239
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
I threw out a bunch of options. Are you trying to say that my theory is incorrect because you think there’s an inconsistency between “CEO changing the pay structure” and “everyone accepting less” (which would, in fact, be a change in pay structure – think union give-backs)????
There is a very fucking huge and very fucking obvious difference between a "CEO changing a pay structure" and "everyone accepting less";

What I was trying to walk you through was why the CEO can't necessarily change the structure the way you posted in #181, just like he can't change the price of a can of peas, because market forces regulate everything;

And by the way, if you want to go anecdotal, I'm speaking as a former business owner whose business failed quickly, largely because I paid too highly for people;

It would have done me more good, and the world more good, if I'd figured out how to build my business without overpaying them;

And it would have been better for them not to have temporarily high-paying employment followed by sudden failure;

Because I could only pay those people for about a year before I experienced total business collapse and utter personal financial ruin.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote