View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #91
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yo Cic, just let rip, don't hold back. please. you may not feel better, but you might, and you won't feel worse.

The reality is, though, that there is no perfect healthcare system, no perfect insurance system. You'd be just as fucked in the UK. Life just sucks, sometimes. With Universal healthcare comes universal awareness that wasting the doctor's time is a bad thing. So diagnoses often come too late...

Cancer is just a bummer, no matter what insurance and cover you have. Sorry it happens to be your bummer right now. I have you down as rthe type of person who doesn't give up, though, so good luck, you will get there.

I know....I know. But since my little plans for insurance have been foiled, I now have more options. Like, my husband has to quit working at some point (when he's sick)so I can prove us indigent enough to be accepted for medicare or medicade. Until that time occurs we are paying out of our pockets. And when it gets really bad I can apply with the state of NM as a home healthcare worker and can take care of my husband at home. Of course we are not going to be able to afford the place we are in, and downsize to a studio. Or I'm going to ******* and run ......and let my husband die on a beach in Mexico with some fucking dignity....haven't decided yet. It could go either way.

Maybe I can pay a Canadian on this board to marry him for a short period? Any takers?

Well- pm me if you are interested.