View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I watched friend of the family go through some awful times with their handicapped daughter.

She is 40 something now, with the mind of a 5 year old and some of the things she does to her elderly parents is horrific.

They were nearly 40 when they had her, she beats them up regularly and they have a hell of a time discipling her.

I have a close girlfriend who has a young child with down syndrome and he is the most gorgeous little boy....everyone just loves him completely.

They are members of a small community and we will go to school with kids that have known him since he was born and cherish him for the beautiful little boy he is....would this be different in a huge school? I dont know.

I believe it is the right of the parents to have all the tests they can afford.

A lot of doctors will recommend the tests to mothers who's worrying is getting out of control and not beneficial to a healthy pregnancy.

It can also be seriously traumatic to have something like this thrust upon you at birth, rather than having months to come to terms with it.

I would prefer pregnant couples have all the information at hand and be able to make informed decisions that is best for them, whether that be to terminate or mentally prepare themselves for the journey they will be embarking.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote