View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #14
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Welcome to the Cellar, Cutie. I, too, went on birth control pills at the age of 15, just a few months after my periods first started. Unmedicated, they were about ten days long and came every two weeks. The cramps were nothing terrible, but the flow was so heavy I would sometimes have to leave class more than once in the same hour just to go change tampons, and some of the teachers didn't believe me. Going on the pill was a godsend. When I eventually decided to try to have kids, I had infertility problems and was unofficially diagnosed with PCOS--as in, they could never find any cysts with the ultrasound, but going on Glucophage (a treatment for PCOS) helped me to start ovulating, so the diagnosis was confirmed that way.

If your cycles are still bad, you should look at changing brands of pill. When they were trying to scale mine back to a more reasonable level, Loestrin was what worked for me, but that was over ten years ago so I don't know if it's still commonly prescribed or has been improved upon or whatever.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote