View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #792
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

@ Cic. Sound advice mate. Lot of friends telling me the same.

I am much more relaxed tonight. Tomorrow will be hard, but I have managed to spend several hours today just quietly pottering about doing wardwork, and went and had a pub lunch with a mate. I think the stress levels have started to die down as I have committed to the course of action. What I always find difficult is waiting and indecision. Having to wait until I knew exactly who could be there and who could guarantee to be there for the next 3 meetings etc, before finalising my decision, that was stressing me most of all I think. Now I am sure of my course. It might succeed, it might flounder, but it's the course I am on and I'll live with it. Was still a tad stressed last night regarding a comrade who seemed annoyed at me in the meeting and I wasn't sure why. He voted with us, but I could tell smething was up and he's someone whose opinion matters a lot to me (a ward colleague, the councillor I trust). I had one of those flashes of realisation at 2 am and knew exactly why he'd been annoyed: I had been working on the assumption that since my friend *** had been ringing aound as well as me and had talked to him, that she had filled him in on the details (details were kept sketchy from all but 3 people until the day before) and she'd been working on the assumption that I had...I realised at 2am, that my colleague had walked into that room without knowing what was about to happen. All he knew, was that I was going to do something and I needed his support.

God bless him he gave that support and voted with us, but that was a horrible position to put him in and that kept me awake for the rest of the night. He's a good man, straight down the line, no games. So...I knew I had to make things right with him and I think he had every right to be very angry. Hence was fully prepared to grovel. Tried calling him in the morning several times, no reply.

He evengtually got back to me at about 3pm and accepted my explanation and apology without rancour, bless him. He's concerned about the route I've taken, but fully supports me. Once I had that sorted out I felt fine. Went to tonight's meeting, which was a tough one, though not relating to the complaint, and it didn't bother me much. I have a handle on this I think. Tomorrow will be stressful, but it's a different and altogether less consuming type of stress.

Thanks for the advice and ra ras guys. Means a lot to me.

*smiles*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote