View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #966
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
I have a visitor.
I live in a concrete wasteland. From my 9th floor window I can see about 300 buildings and exactly ten trees, mostly just the tips peeping over other buildings.
Yet for the last week or so I have been hearing an occasional "chee chee chee chee cheee" which I think is a Gecko (I've heard them before in Australia). It's probably one of these:

Attachment 15874

It seems to be living under the fridge. They are regarded as protectors of homes. How cool, I hope it is doing okay. They eat insects and I'm not sure there are enough about to sustain it. I hope I catch a glimpse of it soon.
Ok - help me name my gecko. No, I will not call it Gordon.
We've got heaps of these little cuties living on the outside of our house. Unfortunately if they venture inside they usually get eaten by the cats. Actually, here's a funny story. One of the kids had a rubber gecko and my tom cat was playing with it. Batting it around and tormenting it as cats do. I wasn't paying much attention until I noticed a while later that he'd chewed the tail off. Mustn't have tasted too good.

I think you should name your gecko 'little mate'. That's probably what I'd do if I were living far from home and had a new housemate.