Thread: Moving
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Moving

Moving sucks in ways that I do not wish to contemplate, but of which I have personal experience.

I have too much stuff.

Still.

It feels like I lost about 500 square feet in the move. This is a lot of space. According to the floor plans, however, I may have gained 17 square feet overall, but I lost closet space.

I am actively culling my book collection as I unpack, loading smaller boxes with books that I just don't have space for, which will ultimately be donated somewhere.

The majority of my stuff is now in the new place, what remains at the old one hopefully will be hauled away by the nice people from a thrift store I have scheduled to come tomorrow.

I'm racing a deadline, as I need to be out of the old place by Friday.

I still need to tell PECO that I don't need electricity from them any longer.

Most of my creditors still don't know I've moved, but in the mysterious ways of creditors, I'm sure they'll figure it out if I forget to tell them.

I have told at least two places my new address incorrectly, so I have to go back and correct those.

The Cable Company does not believe that my apartment exists. They say that it is not in their database and they have to do a "survey" to determine my ability to receive service from them. There is a big piece of coax sticking out of my living room wall. When I plug it into my television, I get The Cable Company's signal. If I wasn't so addicted to their high speed internet, I would tell them to cancel the "survey" and just leave me alone. Also, there are no cable outlets in the bedrooms. Maybe sometime next week I'll be out in the parking lot or walking through the lobby and bump into the cable guy. Maybe he can make something happen. Of course, I'll have to move a bunch of boxes for him to do the install in my bedroom. Maybe I can parlay my distress over not having service into free installation or something.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote