Thread: shrinkage
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #18
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

In some way, I hope this makes you feel better, but it probably won't and I'll just end being an ass in the end. Just know the intention was there.

A childhood friend of mine - 36 years old and father to a 1 year old baby boy - was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago with stage IV melanoma, a very aggressive cancer. It has spread to his blood and they found lesions on his stomach, and both intestines. It's so far progressed that there's nothing that can be done. Even if there was, he lacks the health insurance and resources to do so. He is dying, and he's dying soon.

My boss's wife went to the hospital 6 months ago for a sudden onset severe headache because her primary care physician's office was closed. A day later she was diagnosed with an extremely aggressive brain tumor that had grown to the size of a lemon. A week to the day from entering the ER, and coincidentally their 25 year wedding anniversary, she convulsed and died. A week. Not even enough time to accept her diagnosis and see her family.

I guess what I'm saying is if nothing else, remember that there's always someone worse off than you, and to count your blessings, even if they are small ones. Every day is a gift.

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote