Thread: Bah Humbug
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #17
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'm pretty humbug about Yule this year. We are dissolving the coven (which I've already stepped out of in order to pursue music more), although we will continue to hold open Sabbat rituals for the community, including Yule. However, our finances are so tight that Xmas giving is going to be extremely curtailed. I try not to worry about it too much, but we do love to give - getting is not such a big deal, because we have *so much* already. Wonderful home, great kids, exciting and intriguing lifestyle, steady employment, plentiful cheap food, friends out the ying yang and the respect of our associates.

Still, it is difficult to completely dismiss the consumer frenzy that is Xmas in this country. Habits of a lifetime are hard to put aside. I feel bad for the kids, even though they're all adults, because they aren't going to get the usual lavishment of trendy gifts that we've always given them. Deserving friends will have to make do with a hug and a hearty "love ya, bro".

So humbug it is. I've been pondering whether or not I can actually be a *really* bad boy so that Santa will bring me a lot of coal. At least I can burn that and save on the gas bill.