Thread: The Idiot Box
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2001, 02:23 PM   #6
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
The other thing is how characters seem to be too at-the-ready with facts and figures. You'll see Rob Lowe's character sudddenly bleat out "There were 17,000 cases of injury from ladder usage last year. 73% of those were from ascneding, 20% from descending, and 7% from carrying." OK, got it.
Hmmm...I dunno. They use Dee Dee Myers as a consultant on the show. And I'm sure that at least some people in the White House can recite quick statistics. Not to mention, they probably pay people to look up that info in the real White House. But then again, it IS television. Perhaps Sorkin was a bit too hopped up in writing some of the episodes?

I've not seen "Enterprise," but I've heard nothing but praise for it. I'm still partial to DS9 though.

"Friends": Admittedly, I didn't start watching the show regularly until 1996. I don't mind some drama mixed in with my comedy, but it is definitely losing that comedic edge.

Quote:
I keep waiting for <b>The Daily Show</b> to re-find itself since 9/11. I have faith. Jon Stewart is excellent.
Conan had a hard time getting back to normal too. That first week or so after he came back on...those shows were not very funny. I watched last night though, and it was much better.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote