View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #23
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm all for culling animals that become a pest, and it definitely is a fact that some native animals have profitted from human habitation of their areas. We have similar problems here with kangaroos for example although they don't pose a threat to people in general, unless you happen to hit one with your car at high speed.

We do have problems with feral cats too. They should all be shot. They are vicious and as has been mentioned they can totally ruin a natural environment. Cats also kill for fun, so they're doubly worse. I've been in some areas of native bushland before cats arrived and the sounds of the environment are loud and sweet. You see small animals scampering about and there's plenty of birdlife around. I've been back to the same place after it's been infested by feral cats and there's nothing but deadly silence and no signs of life except the glowing eyes watching you from the trees, and when I say eyes in the trees, I don't mean a few. I mean hundreds. They are a curse and they should be shot.