Thread: Study Habits
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think if you've found a system that works for you, just stick to it. Everyone studies differently, so it's pretty hard to say what the best way is. If you weren't getting good grades, maybe someone could say you should do things differently, but it seems like it must be working for you.

I always used to do my best work in the mornings as far as writing papers go. Afternoons were better for libraries etc, and night time was my break time. I'd get all my research info I needed to write the paper, then I'd usually sit and write a rough draft up the first day which would generally be about half to two thirds of the actual length of the paper, then I'd work on it again a couple of days later after I'd had time to digest it. Usually when I sat down to write I required no interruptions and virtual silence. I was even known to put earplugs in from time to time. I mostly found that I would get so absorbed in what I was doing that I'd look up and 3 or more hours had passed.

This regimen worked well for me because I always started my papers well before they were due. I don't think it'd work too well for those who prefer to leave them till the last minute.